BH CONFERENCE & AIRPORT HOTEL, ISTANBUL
CLARIFICATION TEXT REGARDING PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA OF GUESTS/VISITORS
Pursuant to the Turkish Protection of Personal Data Law no. 6698 (“PPDL”) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Hayat Otel İşletmeciliği Turizm Yatırım ve Ticaret A.Ş. (“BH Conference & Airport Hotel, Istanbul”), (hereinafter sahll be referred to as “Hotel”) duly incorporated as per the legislation of the Republic of Turkey, shall be able to process your personal data within the scope stated below:
a) Purposes of Processing Your Personal Data
Your personal data and especially special categories of personal data (including but not limited to your nationality and photograph) collected during your stay/visit shall be processed in compliance with the GDPR and the processing conditions stated in Article 5 and Article 6 paragraph 2 of the PPDL. Your personal data collected during your stay/visit shall be processed for the purposes of conducting the necessary operational activities relating to carrying out necessary works for your accommodation, advertisement and promotions executed by Hotel and other relevant activities regarding these purposes.
b) To Whom and For What Purposes Processed Personal Data Can Be Transferred
Your collected personal data can be transferred to legally authorized agencies, Hotel’s local/international business partners and/or group companies within the framework of the conditions and purposes for processing personal data outlined in Article 8 and Article 9 of the PPDL and in compliance with the GDPR in order for Hotel to fulfill its legal obligations and for you to take advantage of Hotel’s services and products.
c) Method for Collecting Personal Data and Legal Basis Thereto
Your personal data will be processed and acquired in any verbal, written or electronic format within the framework of the law in line with the purposes outlined above in paragraphs (a) and (b) of this text and stored in a database locally and/or abroad in compliance with the GDPR and the conditions stated in Article 6 paragraph 2 of the PPDL as it is “necessary for the legitimate interests of” Hotel, without harming your fundamental rights and freedoms (as stated in Article 5 of the PPDL).
d) Personal Data Subject Rights Specified in Article 11 of the PPDL
Personal data subjects have the right to
- Find out whether or not personal data has been processed,
- Request information about the processing of personal data if it has occurred,
- Find out the purpose of processing the personal data and whether or not it was processed for this purpose,
- Know third parties to whom personal data was transferred either domestically or abroad,
- Request that personal data processed incorrectly or incompletely be corrected and request that third parties to whom the transaction in correction was made are informed,
- Request that personal data be erased or destroyed if the reasons that required processing no longer apply in spite of the fact that it was processed in accordance with the provisions of the PPDL or other applicable legislation, and request that third parties to whom personal data was transferred as part of this process be informed,
- Object to any unfavourable consequences arising from the analysis of processed data via exclusively automatic systems,
- Request remedy of damages if they incur losses due to the unlawful processing of personal data.
As a personal data subject, requests you make in connection with your rights may be sent to Hotel by filling in the PDPL Data Subject Application Form found below. Your requests shall be answered by Hotel within 30 days at the latest following its receipt. However, if a charge is specified by the Personal Data Protection Board, the cost on the fee schedule specified shall be collected by Hotel and/or Hotel may ask for additional information to reach a conclusion about your request.
You may send an e-mail to email@example.com in order to update your personal data.
Please click to download Policy on the Processing, Protection, Storage and Annihilation of Personal Data
Please click to download Data Subject application form